At John Bull Removals and storage we want to say “Don’t get stressed by moving house”. You don’t have to be a statistic which shows that moving house is among the top 5 most stressful situations.
Here are some tips for you:
- Book the movers early – This means that when the time comes you won’t have to do all the heavy lifting on your own.
- If all the following tips are not for you, we have a packing and unpacking service to make things easier.
- Buy a pack of sharpies, tape rolls and boxes.
- Take pictures of areas that you may like to recreate in your new home and pack accordingly.
- Make sure you declutter BEFORE you move. Decide what you are keeping, donating or taking to the tip.
- Pack one room at a time and label all the boxes by room and category for that room. TIP: you can also number the boxes for each room so you know exactly what you have.
- Create a survival kit – toilet paper, chargers, snacks, tea/coffee, change of clothes etc. This should be in your car for ease of access.
- Frozen or cold items first
- As your boxes are labelled and numbered it should be relatively easy to move room by room based on your needs in your home.
- Make sure you unpack the items that make you feel most at home first.
- If you can’t stand the idea of unpacking, arrange our packing and unpacking service.
So yes moving house can be stressful and difficult but at John Bull, we are here to make the process as painless as possible. We can do as much or as little as you need us too and we have plenty more tips and ideas to make your move happen.
Contact the team at John Bull Removals and Storage so we can assist you with your next move.